Subject: Request for expressions of interest: MEM Multiple waves algorithm using COVID-19 data project
From: "MOOK, Piers Andrew Nicholas" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "EURO Influenza" <[email-masked]>, "MOOK, Piers Andrew Nicholas" <[email-masked]>, "WIDDOWSON, Marc-Alain" <[email-masked]>, "FIELDING, James" <[email-masked]>, "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>, "Nick Bundle" <[email-masked]>,Tomás Vega Alonso <[email-masked]>, "HAMMOND, Aspen" <[email-masked]>, "Vigilancia Integrada Infecciones Respiratorias Agudas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 17:11:49 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues

As some of you may have heard on the Pandemic Influenza Severity
Assessment (PISA) call in December, Dr Tomás Vega announced that his team
was working on a new project to validate the MEM Multiple waves algorithm
using COVID-19 data from Spain and other European countries that wanted to
join this initiative. Since then, they have confirmed the participation of
15 Spanish regions and two other European countries.

Please find a project description attached. They consider that outputs of
this project could be pertinent to COVID risk assessment and for PISA
influenza/ARI indicators in non-temperate countries.

If your country is not already involved in this project and you would like
to express interest to contribute to this work on behalf of your country,
please reply to this email with all those in copy by 21 February.

All the best

The WHO/EURO Respiratory Virus Surveillance Team